Some of the expenses that you may be able to claim as tax deductions are:
- Work related expenses (e.g., uniforms, occupational specific clothing, protective wear, telephone calls, stationery, seminar and conference expenses and travel expenses).
- Motor vehicle expenses if you used your car for work
(other than to and from work unless heavy tool carrying).
- Self-Education expenses
- Tools and equipment expenses
- Computer expenses (if used partly for work)
- Home office expenses
- Gifts or donations to registered charities
- Union fees
- Overtime meal expenses
- Tax agent’s fees paid in the financial year
- Personal superannuation contributions
- Rental property expenses
- Income Protection Insurance costs
Maximise your refund by bringing your expense receipts to me.