This year, tax deduction claims the A.T.O. will focus on include:
- Motor vehicle expenses
- Expenses for transporting bulky tools and equipment
- Uniforms and laundry
- Overnight Travel-transport, accommodation and meals
- All work-related expenses: computers, stationery, telephone, internet, fees, subscriptions, electricity, tools, equipment.
- Self-education claims.
Make sure you can substantiate ALL of your tax deduction claims.
Please contact me if you need assistance.
Some of the expenses that you may be able to claim as tax deductions are:
- Work related expenses (e.g., uniforms, occupational specific clothing, protective wear, telephone calls, stationery, seminar and conference expenses and travel expenses).
- Motor vehicle expenses if you used your car for work
(other than to and from work unless heavy tool carrying).
- Self-Education expenses
- Tools and equipment expenses
- Computer expenses (if used partly for work)
- Home office expenses
- Gifts or donations to registered charities
- Union fees
- Overtime meal expenses
- Tax agent’s fees paid in the financial year
- Personal superannuation contributions
- Rental property expenses
- Income Protection Insurance costs
Maximise your refund by bringing your expense receipts to me.
Tax Return Checklist For Individuals
• Payment Summaries (Group Certificates)
• Lump Sum/Termination Pay Summary
• Government payment statements (if received)
• Interest Income (banks, credit unions etc.)
• Dividend Statements (and reinvestments)
• Annual Tax Statements-Managed Funds
• Capital gains
• Employee Share Schemes
• Foreign Income
• Rental properties
• Work related expenses
• Motor vehicle
• Travel (fares and accommodation)
• Uniforms, work and protective wear
• Self-education, professional development
• Union fees
• Subscriptions and memberships
• Tools and equipment
• Home office
• Seminars and conferences
• Telephone, internet
• Computer expenses
• Any other work related expenses
• Donations to registered charities
• Donations to building funds
• Tax Agent fees
• Travel to and from tax Agent
• Income Protection Insurance
• Investment and dividend expenses
Offsets and refunds
• Health Insurance annual statement
• Tax Installments paid
• Spouse details including taxable income
• Dependant details
• Your bank details for any refunds due
• You can also email, text, post or fax your information to us, including your contact details, if you cannot attend personally.